Certificate of testing

Download 30 day free trial

Certificate of testing

Postby Kev b » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:36 am

I'm having problems getting the certificate of testing printed with the correct valid until date on. I've just completed some pat testing for second time on my primetest 350 everything is the same as last year i.e. customer,site,location. When I print the electrical test summary the dates are correct if l print individual test certificates out the dates are correct ( not practical for job with a lot of items). But when I want to print a certificate of testing. The valid until stays on the previous year.

Kev b
Kev b

Re: Certificate of testing

Postby Keith C » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:47 am

I think this is the same problem I am having so would also like to find a solution
Keith C

Postby prosafe » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:15 pm

I also have the same problem can someone from seaward please comment???? I have just done testing today all same date so no over riding assets , but yet certificate still comes up with todays date as valid to??
anyone help
prosafe

Postby Phil Hoppe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:47 am

Ive just had a look at this...you're absolutely correct..it is using the date function which just puts a date there which is wrong if you select a group of items that different next test dates. It works if all the items being reported on have the same next test date. It looks to me as though it is bringing back the closest next test date even if that date is before your last lot of tests.

This is a bug...the developer /analyst hasn't really thought this through.

If you think about this logically.
1. There is nowhere in PATguard where we can group and set a retest period for a group of items.
2. We are running tests on items which may have varying dates for next test. You could have a group of items tested with a 3 month retest period, another group with 12 months and another with 36 months....so what date do you expect to see in the Valid Until date field on the certificate.

I suggest that rather than asking a developer / analyst to conjure a new field with no conflicting purposeand no defined business rule....Delete the date field from the form..add a new text box and add your own Date manually. Works for me and no logic to get wrong.
Phil Hoppe

Postby prosafe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm

It seems that nobody from seaward is unable to comment on this ant therfore just seem to ignore it ! This is a key feature to allow me to give my customers a certificate that actually means something?? Rather Ryan a list of tested items. Please can someone look into this and stop ignoring us paying customers who use this software.
prosafe

Postby remedy234 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Its probably due to any visual results done. We move have to move all visual tests into a temporary file, print the cert and then move them all back to the original site. Its a pain in the arse.
remedy234

Postby southseas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:03 pm

A great pity that the folk at Seaward don't seem to be interested in looking at the comments made here about their (very expensive) software and gear anymore, has anyone contacted Seaward Support directly about this?

I look at the Simply PATS forums quite a bit, and it's like chalk and cheese, their software developer is very accessible and keen to debug and extend the usefulness of their Software and responds within a day or so to forum comments and frequently comes up with a patch to correct an issue that is reported there. :P
southseas

Postby handyplus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:01 pm

I agree with previous comments. I have an Apollo 600+ it does far more than I need it too and I like most of it, but I do wish the support was as big as the number of functions my machine could do if I wanted too.

issues such as this are raised quickly by end users such as us. I reported this to the seaward support team a long time ago, to be told it was in hand and would be correct quickly with an update and that they knew it was a problem.

I believe that if you have any only visual inspections within the tests you have done then the date will be wrong, the date only seams to be correct if you have only full inspections, however as I said this was promised to be corrected via an update.

This update could well be done since this thread started but to echo others seaward support do not seam that bothered about jumping in here via the forum to support us.
handyplus

Return to PATGuard 3 Forum