Installing PG3 alongside PGP 4.6?

Download 30 day free trial

Installing PG3 alongside PGP 4.6?

Postby Fuzzy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:40 am

I currently have PATGuard Plus 4.6 installed, and this software is sufficient for my needs, however the time has (probably) come to replace my Seaward Europa and Europa Plus instruments with Apollo 500s.

As far as I know, PATGuard Plus 4.6 does not support download from the Apollo 500 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So, my question is this: Will installing PATGuard 3 on a computer that already has PATGuard Plus 4.6 installed mess up the latter's installation and make it unusable (as was the case with earlier versions)?

Alternatively, if it IS somehow possible to use PGP 4.6 with Apollo 500 testers, please do let me know - the report templates have been heavily modified and it will be a lot of faffing about to edit them all again in a later version of (essentially the same) software.

Thanks in advance.
Fuzzy

Re: Installing PG3 alongside PGP 4.6?

Postby Amy Lyons » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Fuzzy

As there have been a lot of new features added to the Apollo the download format is not compatible with any software pre PATGuard 3.

Installing PATGuard 3 will not effect your install of PGP. Your PGP database can be opened in PATGuard 3 so that you do not lose any of your data however until you are sure you are moving to PATGuard 3 I would make a copy of the database as a back up as it is updated making it not backwards compatible.

Unfortunately due to the additional data added to the reports, such as photos, your reports cannot be copied over so you would need to set these up again. You would only have to do it the once though and they would be saved for any future PATGuard 3 updates.

I would advise you take a look at the free 30 day trail of PATGuard 3 available from our website.
Thanks and kind regards

Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer
Test & Measurement Division
Seaward Electronic
Amy Lyons
Applications Engineer

Return to PATGuard 3 Forum