Careers at Seaward Electronic
We are always on the lookout for capable and committed individuals. If you have an interest in working for Seaward please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.
|Job title:||Design Engineer|
|Reports Direct:||Principal Engineer|
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Produce Technical Specification from Product Requirement Specification.
- Develop products that work first time, meeting tight timescales and budget.
- Ensure the product design meets the applicable standards, safety and legal requirements and is in accordance with the Seaward quality manual.
- Ensure that all documentation produced for each project undertaken is of a level that can be clearly understood and provides sufficient details.
- Undertake technical and risk assessments of information and situations arising.
- Liaise and manage external design resources.
- Liaise with production and purchasing in ensuring the product is designed for assembly and test, to assist in phasing in the new product to production.
- Produce project plans and estimations.
- Electronics Engineer degree or equivalent minimum.
- Hardware/PCB design for high speed digital circuits.
- Hardware design for high voltage circuits.
- Hardware design for high precision and low noise analogue circuits.
- Designing for low power consumption and for small space-volumes.
- Understanding of safety critical design.
- A willingness to acquire the technical knowledge about new products is essential.
- Embedded software design C, C++ and QT etc.
- LabView development.
- Some experience of Linux or Unix.
- Experience in ISO9000 environment.
- Understanding of basic electrical and electronic parameters – e.g. measurements of resistance, voltage, current, insulation; 17th edition testing useful.
If you would like to apply for this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.